What a crazy few months! It has been a stressful and unsettling time, filled with uncertainty about what the future may hold. Our office is blessed to be part of a wonderful community, and it has been heartwarming to see the support people have shown for one another.
We have missed you!To make sure we can keep everyone as safe as possible, we have done extensive research to make sure we implement every precaution.
As a dental office, we already have very robust infection control protocols in place
meant to combat infectious diseases. However, given the nature of COVID-19, we have
implemented several additional protocols to better protect you and ourselves.
1. Medical grade HEPA air filtration units. These units are individually equipped to filter the air multiple times per hour and will filter particles down to 0.001 microns. You will find the air purifiers throughout the office.
2. We will disinfect commonly touched surfaces such as doorknobs and countertops, etc. at high frequency.
3. We will screen patients over the phone, and again when they come for their appointment. We will also take temperatures upon arrival.
4. For the immediate future, our waiting room is limited to 4 patients. Many chairs have been removed and are spaced 6 feet apart.
Patients will be asked to call or text our office when they arrive for their appointment, but remain in their car or outside until we call or text them to come in. A member of our team will greet them at the door. We ask that patients avoid bringing friends and family to their appointments. Exceptions will be made for children or those with special needs, but those attending the appointment with them will also be required to go through the screening process.
5. We have removed all magazines, toys and coffee bar from the waiting room.
6. Patients will be asked to wear a mask or cloth face covering to their appointment, and we will have them wash their hands and use hand sanitizer upon arrival.
7. Patients will use a pre-treatment rinse prior to any aerosol-generating procedure. This has been shown to be effective at killing bacteria and viruses for a short time, so even if a patient does happen to be a silent carrier of the virus, this will significantly decrease the virus in their mouth and the environment.
8. All team members will be screened daily with temperatures taken, and will be asked to stay home if they are not feeling well.
9. Our team will wear additional personal protective equipment to keep them safe, and have all been trained on the latest practices for minimizing transmission of the virus.
10. Forms will be handled online as much as possible.
During this time, things may seem different in the dental office just as they are in our regular lives. Protective protocols will continue to evolve as the world learns more about this virus and how to keep everyone safe. Rest assured that we will stay up to date with all new developments, and we will implement all recommended protocols designed to keep you and our team safe while here in the office.
We understand that you’ve waited a long time for your appointment due to Covid-19 shutdowns and are eager to serve you once again. We are working hard to reschedule hundreds of patients based on dental emergencies and the order the appointments were originally cancelled. Please be patient with us as we adjust to the new protocols (it takes us twice as long just getting dressed). We look forward to seeing you again soon!